Flourish Software Senior Backend Engineer Job Posting
Senior Backend Engineer
Are you ready to jump into the high growth intersection of cannabis and technology? If so, Flourish is where you want to be!
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will be responsible for the server-side web application logic as well as for the integration of the front-end of our application. You will also be responsible for developing and managing 3rd party integrations and our external API. As a senior member of the engineering team, you will take lead on projects as needed to offer design suggestions, review pull request, and mentor colleagues.
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Focus on software coding
- Collaborate with frontend developers, product manager, and business stakeholders
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Provide training, help, and support to other team members
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future
- Troubleshoot and debug code
- Stay up to date with current best practices and technologies
- Conduct tests and optimize performance of our code base
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, and stakeholders
- Participate in conferences and educational programs
- 4+ Years of relevant development experience
- REST API experience is required
- Experience building integrations with third party API systems
- Strong coding experience in Go, Python, or similar languages
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with queuing systems (such as Rabbit MQ) is a plus.
- Familiarity with software development, tracking, project management, and communication tools (e.g. - Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Zoom, Office 365, and Slack)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or a similar degree is preferred
Atlanta, GA or Houston, TX preferred. Open to remote.
What Flourish will provide you:
- Competitive salary commiserate with experience.
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid accidental death, disability, and life insurance
- Uncapped paid time off
- The opportunity to grow and develop professionally